Beautifully eerie

This week I came across a new type of text adventure called The House Abandon. It falls under the horror genre and is easily the best horror game I have played in a while. The game is coded in Unity, which is a cross-platform game engine developed by Unity Technologies for development of video games for PC, consoles, mobile devices and websites. This game was very different from other similar games I’ve played because it used a background that kept changing as the story unfolded. The concept is great, it is well executed and well thought through.

The atmosphere of the game is creepy and eerie with sound effects that turn the tension up quick and in a hurry. Unfortunately it’s a pretty short game, and the parser was annoying at times because the game didn’t seem to understand simple commands that were very similar to each other. But it was definitely possible to work around it though, it was far from a deal breaker.

When looking at the big picture this game reminded me of the Netflix original show Stranger Things, which was a show whose concept I really enjoyed. If I could improve anything in this game, I would wish it was longer with some puzzles to solve as you progress through the story. Overall, it was a really cool game. I loved the concept and was definitely creeped out while playing it last night.

house abandon

1 comment for “Beautifully eerie