Undum Tutorial

I explain it a little bit in the video, but I want to talk a little bit about what Undum is beforehand.

There are lots of different kinds of software out there that you can use to create your very own work of interactive fiction.  This is what Undum is.  It’s a program that allows you to create a very cool, streamlined “choose your own adventure” story.

I worked with it a lot last semester for my seminar project, and it’s definitely something I recommend if you’re looking for a way to publish your own work of interactive fiction.

Undum stories tend to be a lot like a game.  You have different options that you can pick, and you need to write your story to reflect that.

For example, in my story, I had a sort of fight scene where you had to choose if you were going to hit someone in the jaw or in the neck.  Depending on which option you clicked, it would take you to that specific choice.
Undum works very well for this!

I hope you find my tutorial helpful, and good luck!

Unable to display content. Adobe Flash is required.

2 comments for “Undum Tutorial

1. Ariel
    January 23, 2012 at 10:10 am

I’ve always been interested in interactive fiction and curious as to what programs were used to create it. This is quite helpful, thanks for posting it!

2. January 29, 2012 at 3:57 pm

This is excellently helpful, by the way. I look forward to part 2!